Developing a Learning Culture for Young Talent
Season 3 / Episode 2
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
Learning and development is an essential part of a company culture, but making it relevant and engaging can be a challenge, especially when it comes to young talent. In this episode of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture podcast I’m talking to Jackie Cooper The Entrepreneur’s Mentor and Empowerer about how businesses can try to develop a culture of learning. With Jackie’s wealth of experience, I know that you are all going to have some food for thought after this conversation.
In this episode we cover;
- Where the skills gap currently lies between education and business.
- Managing resistant leaders to team development and further learning.
- How companies can adapt to meet the needs of young talent for further learning.
- Embedding soft skills development in company cultures.
- Building a strong learning and development culture.
- Being self-aware is something we aren’t taught in schools, but is vital to how we communicate in the workplace.
- Investing in your employees of all ages is paramount to business growth, stability and innovation.
- of a page when looking at its layout.
- The core outcomes to any employee training is loyalty.
- You don’t have to be a leader or at the top to initiate change.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Jackie Cooper is The Entrepreneur’s Mentor and Empowerer. Jackie has helped many businesses go from zero to launch. Jackie is passionate about supporting individuals in enterprise and education empowering the development of transferable skills for the world of work and business.