Creative Cultures & Life's Influence on Work
Season 7 / Episode 5
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
In this week’s episode I’m joined by freelance journalist, speaker and podcaster, Suzy Bashford. During this watercooler conversation we talk about what stifles creativity in company culture, and how major life events have shaped our life and work. Suzy is a writer, speaker, and podcaster living a big juicy creative life in the Cairngorms. If you don’t follow Suzy already on LinkedIn , it’s a must. Suzy is one of my favourite people to follow as she’s always posting about her adventures, and sharing thought-provoking conversation starters. Just a heads-up. This podcast does include explicit language, and content around mental health that may trigger you. For support I’ve added some helplines in the show notes should you need to speak to someone about anything we’ve covered today.
In this episode we cover;
- How companies stifle creativity in their cultures
- The biggest challenges around building a creative culture
- The joys of LinkedIn when you learn to have fun
- How our biggest life’s challenges shape our work lives
Quotes from Suzy;
- “Be brave, not beige.”
- “Leaders stop talking bollocks about creativity, and start building environments where people can be weird.”
- “Brands say they want creative thinkers, but it’s easy for them to say that and really hard for them to mean it, where a creative person feels like they belong.”
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Writer, speaker & podcaster living a big juicy creative life in the Cairngorms with her husband and two (increasingly embarrassed by her) sons. Suzy’s creativity knows no bounds.
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us