How Can We Better Navigate An Unpredictable Future
Season 1 / Episode 6
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
With so many possible disruptions to our future in this episode we delve into the topic of future planning with Debbie Seunarayan, founder of Gallus Consulting and author of Shapeshifter. In this episode we explore why so many businesses have been resistant to thinking about the future, and how a future mindset can not only help us adapt in an unpredictable world, but make us stronger in the present.
In this episode we cover;
- Why businesses are resistant to future planning
- What future planning is and how it can help in a fast-paced world
- The strategic advantage of future planning
- Who should be involved in future planning
- The lessons we can learn from COVID-19 and beyond
- If organisations can step back a little bit from that habit of planning and maybe work more with imagination – that can really help.
- The more you can look into the future, and what it might be, the more helpful that can be.
- Quite often when you look into the future, it gives you an appreciation of the present.
- Future thinking builds resilience and agility – it’s a natural side effect.
- Co-creation and cohesion are really important in times of change. The more people you can involve in the debate the more diverse the outcome.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us