Goodbye Hierarchy , Hello Holacracy
Season 6 / Episode 5
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
So far in this season, we’ve discussed how outward changes will impact the future of work. But what if in order for us to thrive in the future we need to change not just our mindset, but the very foundation that our businesses are built upon. In today’s episode, I’m talking about one of the biggest structures we all fall into without questioning it; hierarchy.
On this episode, I interview Robin Roth, Story Teller at TraidCraft about the self-management system of Holacracy, how they’ve been operating with it for two years, and why ditching the hierarchy may be the best thing any business can do.
In this episode we cover;
- The self-management system of Holacracy
- How TraidCraft have been operating with Holacracy for two years
- Why Robin chose Holacracy to replace Hierarchy
- The bad influence of Hierarchy on business and its people
- How Holacracy can help a business adapt quickly
- Holacracy is a wonderful system for getting the best out of everyone in the company. Rather than the guy at the top having some kind of magical ability to make good decisions about everything.
- You have to unlearn all kinds of poorly learnt behaviour about what a manager or CEO is expected to do in a business.
- Most people have no idea exactly what they’re responsible for, let alone what they’re doing now.
- We need a new generation of people who are willing to work differently.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us