Culture & The Environment - Can we Make it Work?
Season 6 / Episode 3
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
Today’s episode was mainly inspired by David Attenborough’s recent documentary on Netflix – A Life on Our Planet. For me personally, it was both harrowing and motivating; making me really want to understand what it is we can each do as individuals and businesses.
To help us on that journey, and what it means for the future, today I’m talking to Jake Fiennes Director of Holkham Nature Reserve & General Manager-Conservation Holkham Estate.
Jake has been featured across the media for his passion and work in the conservation of the environment, and in this episode I’m talking to Jake about where our heads need to be at when it comes to future-proofing for the world we have created, and the changes that are yet to happen.
In this episode we cover;
- What businesses need to consider when it comes to the environment
- How climate change will impact business and therefore company culture
- The environmental reputation of a brand
- Where businesses go wrong when trying to be environmentally-friendly
- It’s not until something affects us as individuals that we have an urge to do something about it.
- People will favour the brands that have greener credentials.
- When businesses finally make the connection that the environment is key to their longevity, they will begin to invest in the environment.
- We cannot rely on the government and the public purse, we need everyone to buy into supporting the environment.
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us