How the Concept of Lagom Transformed a Company Culture
Season 5 / Episode 5
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
What if you changed your entire business and based it on a philosophy?
In this episode of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast, I’m speaking to Emily West, the Business Development Manager at Flocc; a creative marketing agency based in Cambridge and Norwich. Three years ago Flocc successfully adopted the Scandinavian concept of “Lagom” within the workplace. Meaning “not too much, not too little, just the right amount.”
In this episode we discuss the practical elements of how they went about creating a six hour day, and bringing the ‘lagom’ philosophy into their company culture.
In this episode we cover;
- How Flocc incorporates the Lagom philosophy
- The practical side of a six-hour day
- What businesses should consider when switching to a six-hour day
- The benefits to business and people of a six-hour day
- Working less for us, is about less time, not about less effort.
- We love what we do, but let’s keep loving what we do and have more time at home for our loved ones.
- If a business is doing well, perhaps they don’t believe there is a need to change. But the current situation has shown that we can’t be complacent.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us