Demystifying Employee Career Pathing
Season 3 / Episode 6
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
This week on Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast I speak to Pat Whelan, CEO and Co-Founder of Paddle HR about employee career pathing. Rather than just helping employees up the career ladder, Pat talks about how organisations should also understand more about the talent in their company and help people to make lateral moves within the organisation. If you work in HR, or are responsible for the growth of your people, this is one conversation you must listen to.
In this episode we cover;
- What is employee career pathing?
- How employee career pathing can help retain employees
- How HR need to evolve to support employee career pathing
- The link between career pathing and employee career growth
- Can employee career pathing be used in all sectors and industries?
- The craving for changing in your career doesn’t always mean switching employers and uprooting your life. There’s a lot of opportunity in large organisations.
- Organisations are losing talent because there’s a perceived lack of career growth.
- It’s not all about upward mobility, but lateral moves. You can go into a new area of the company where you can apply a similar skillset.
- Tapping into hidden skillsets is a huge advantage for companies.