Aligning Your Culture Vision with Your Brand
Season 3 / Episode 3
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
You need to know your mission and values before you can build a strong brand. In this episode of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture podcast I talk to Liz Elcoate, Brand Designer, Consultant and Creative Director. We talk about how businesses can align their culture with their brand to engage their team, and their customers.
We discuss why businesses need diverse feedback on their company culture, and the benefits of an engaging culture handbook.
In this episode we cover;
- What a brand truly is and is not
- Which comes first, brand or company culture?
- Visual assets to represent a company culture
- Where to start when aligning brand and company culture
- The pros and cons of an employee handbook
- Examples of companies living their brand values
- We align ourselves to brands that hold the same values as us.
- Seeing yourself in the brand of the company, makes it feel like that brand is interested in you.
- There’s nothing like an ex employee who will tell the truth about your company culture.
- Bring in people from all levels of the company, and they will be honest about what the company is really like.
- If you want to create a sustainable business that has a good impact on the world you need to drill down to every single layer of your company.