How Choosing Your Customers Can Inspire Your Culture
Season 3 / Episode 1
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
On this episode of Make it Thrive: The Company culture podcast I’m joined by Tom Bool, Managing Director of Integro Languages Group. Tom has been working in the languages industry for around 15 years and owns two niche language service companies, Integro Languages and Lexxika. In this conversation we discuss how being selective about clients and choosing a niche in the industry has enabled Tom to create his company culture.
In this episode we cover;
- Why Tom decided to choose a niche in his industry?
- How Tom overcome those initial fears about being so selective.
- How businesses can start to discover their niche and find their clients.
- How being selective about niche and clients has helped shape Integro’s company culture.
- Being selective about niche and clients was completely disruptive but transformative for Integro’s company culture.
- By understanding the work you do the best, you can gain a deeper insight into what your clients need and who you can best service.
- If you run a generalist business, you’re going to end up having generalist staff.
- Due to this selective approach Integro have a stronger sense of who they are and what they do – this works in supporting the company culture.
Tom Bool is Director of Integro Languages. As a language consultant, and public speaker, Tom is regularly found speaking about the languages industry. Tom is based in Norwich, and through his disruptive approach to client acquisition has changed his company culture.