Creating a Culture of Wellbeing with Movement
Season 2 / Episode 6
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
We all spend too much time inactive at work!
In this episode of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture podcast I talk to Floyd Sayers, Creative Director and Active Movement Consultant at Flomotion Studios.
We delve into the topic of movement, and discuss why we’re still chained to our desk. Floyd also gives us some tips on how to can create a better culture of movement in the workplace.
In this episode we cover;
- Why sitting at work is the tradition.
- The real health impact of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Simple tips to help you create a culture of movement.
- How people can get more active at work.
- Considerations for workspaces to improve movement.
- People have to take ownership for their own health and wellbeing.
- Our workspaces also need to consider how we can move during different types of work.
- Even for active people, sitting all day is still detrimental to health.
- Changing both sitting position, and regular movement can make big differences to mental state and productivity.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
- The British Heart Foundation has revealed that us Brits spend 67 hours a week either seated or sedentary.
- What Happens to Your Body When You Sit for Too Long.
Floyd Sayers is Creative director and active working/movement consultant at Flomotion. Out of personal experience Floyd is on a journey of discovery, growing awareness to active working, that is so much more than just sitting, perching or standing at work.