Recognising Toxic Company Cultures
Season 2 / Episode 5
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
On episode five of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture podcast we cover the topic of recognising toxic company cultures. How do you know during an interview that the company you’re going to work at, is going to be a good place to work?
I talk to Jessica Hodkinson, Freelance Content Marketing Specialist, who has first-hand experience working across global companies.
I’m sure many of us can relate to Jessica’s experience. You start at a company and it seems great, but then the rose tinted glasses come off and it doesn’t appear quite as positive as you first imagined.
In this episode we cover;
- How to know if somewhere is a good place to work.
- What should people look out for when assessing a company culture and if its a good fit for them?
- Signs that a company culture is becoming toxic.
- What can employees do to influence a company culture?
- Company culture is something companies need to pay attention to. Especially in that growth period.
- Loosing communication or not communicate freely can begin to stifle the company culture.
- Toxic cultures lead to people who can’t connect with what needs to be done, and how to do it.
- As an employee, you have to speak-up when a company culture is becoming toxic.