Adopting Communities of Practice in Company Culture
Season 2 / Episode 1
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
On episode one of season two of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture podcast, I’m talking to Drew Pontikis, Software Test Practice Manager at DisplayLink, about the benefits of building communities of practice within a company culture, and how it can dramatically improve learning and development.
Drew will reveal the concept of communities of practice, how this theory can support team development, and some top tips for establishing your own community in your company culture.
In this episode we cover;
- What are communities of practice?
- How can communities of practice improve learning and development.
- The benefits of adopting communities of practice.
- How to start creating your own community of practice.
- Communities of practice can provide a deeper learning and development experience for those in departments or specific roles.
- Learning can continue both in person and on the various forums and communities that are online.
- There are no hard and fast rules to communities of practice.
- Communities of practice gives ownership back to people on their learning and development.