When Company Culture Impacts Mental Health
Season 1 / Episode 5
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
In episode five of Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast I talk to Soma Ghosh, Careers Adviser and Career Counsellor, and founder of the career happiness podcast. In this weeks chat I talk to Soma about the impact of company culture on mental health, and what organisations should be doing to support employees in the workplace.
Soma touches on her personal experience as an employee experiencing different company cultures.
In this episode we cover;
- A personal experience of struggling with mental health in the workplace.
- How company cultures should be supporting those experiencing mental ill-health.
- Workplace bullying.
- The difference a good culture can make on people’s mental health.
- Advice if you’re struggling with mental health at work.
- Mentoring can have a positive impact on people who are struggling in the workplace.
- Too many managers don’t know how to manage people with mental health experiences.
- Existing mental health conditions can be further exasperated by people who don’t know how to help others.
- HR can be reactive rather than pro-active in terms of workplace mental health.
- Mental health awareness and training should be incorporated into the company culture.