Should We Be Moving to a 4-Day Work Week?
Season 5 / Episode 1
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
In the first episode of season five, I have the honour of taking to author Alex Pang about his new book SHORTER: How Working Less Will Revolutionise the Way Your Company Gets Things Done.
As many businesses begin to look at shorter work weeks or working days to become more agile to the post-covid workplace, we delve into the biggest questions around adopting a shorter work week. From the challenges businesses face, why some companies are reluctant to adapt, and some quick wins to help your business move to a shorter work week.
In this episode we cover;
- The challenges of traditional flexible working
- How shortening the work week benefits business and people
- The misconceptions of a 4 day work week
- The countries implementing the most shorter work weeks
- The role of leadership in adopting a shorter work week
- How shorter work weeks support parents and carers
- Flexible working is often seen as a benefit to the individual working flexibly, rather than the organisation.
- 4 day work weeks remove the stigma around flexible working, because everyone is doing it.
- The 4 day work weeks turns out to be possible and beneficial across a far wider range of industries than we would expect.
Resources mentioned in this podcast;
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us