Company Values - Preaching Them, or Living By Them
Season 7 / Episode 4
Make it Thrive: The Company Culture Podcast
In this episode I speak with The Culture Guy, Benjamin Drury about companies really living their values. We dive into how values shape decision-making, and ultimately build your culture. And where companies often get this part wrong. As Ben says, true values take courage.
In this episode we cover;
- How to tell if a company is truly values-driven
- How values should be defined in a company culture
- Brands not living their values
- Examples of where living by values takes courage
Quotes from Ben;
- “True values are leaned on when push comes to shove. It takes courage and it can be painful.”
- “You don’t want to find a cultural fit, you want to find someone with a cultural contribution. People who bring even more life to the culture.”
Benjamin is responsible for England fans singing Swing Low at rugby matches. He’s been on Dragon’s Den with his invention, Lacemups. He’s toured writing, directing and performing with theatre companies and he’s worked with some of the biggest companies on the planet. Benjamin, AKA The Culture Guy makes workplaces awesome. He works with extraordinary forward-thinking leaders to help build authentic, purpose-led, people-centred organisations fit for the 22nd Century.
Thank You For Listening!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and
reviews really help, and we read each one.
Ask a question about this episode by emailing us